I am a warm, relationally-oriented therapist with years of experience providing psychotherapy to a diverse variety of people. I’m eager to get to know new people who come through my practice and work with you to identify your goals and help you find or build the tools you need to reach them.
Everyone is born with the capacity to thrive and live with authenticity, integrity, and a feeling of wholeness, and everyone deserves to experience this. Though life can come with significant challenges and complexities, we can integrate the emotional burden of these challenges into a more complex and nuanced view of ourselves and the world around us through compassion for, and connection with, self and other.
I am lucky to have the opportunity to join many people on their healing journey, and I hope to have the opportunity again, with you.
I provide a wide variety of therapeutic services; however, I have specialized training in:
- gender transition for transgender and non-binary youth, adults, and their families
- trauma recovery
- Internal Family Systems
My style is relational and integrative, and though my training background is in psychodynamic psychotherapy, I now primarily practice Internal Family Systems therapy, as a level 2 trained IFS therapist presently pursuing certification. Internal Family Systems therapy, or IFS, is a type of therapy that centers you as the essential part of your own healing process. In IFS, we use the term “self-leadership” a lot. Self-leadership means that when you have a deep understanding and appreciation for the many parts of your personality that influence your conscious thoughts, emotions, behaviors, interpersonal relationships, etc., you can begin centering a deeper sense of calm, curiosity, presence, compassion, confidence, and many other qualities (indeed, qualities that you have in the deepest places of your self!) for a more satisfying life.
If you want to learn more about IFS therapy, you can read more about it here.
- Smith College School of Social Work: Masters in Social Work, August 2013
- Northeastern University: Bachelor of Arts, December 2008
- Youth Opportunities Upheld, Inc. (Y.O.U., Inc.): a multi-service agency in
Worcester, where I grew from an intern, to an outpatient clinician, to the Director of Early Childhood Services. Additionally, I co-founded and co-chaired the agency’s first Gender Affirming Care Committee.
- The Italian Home for Children: a multi-service agency in Boston, where I provided Community-Based Acute Treatment for children ages 4-12 who were experiencing mental health crises, and their families.
Continuing Education & Trainings:
- Internal Family Systems: level 1 certificate and level 2 certificate (200+ training hours completed with ongoing consultation)
- Child-Parent Psychotherapy: full training with clinical consultation
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: full training with clinical consultation
- Attachment, Regulation, and Competency: full training
- WPATH (World Professional Association for Transgender Health): Foundations course
- Pyramid Model for Supporting Social Emotional Competence: Foundations and Top of the Pyramid courses
- Teaching Pyramid Observation Tool (TPOT): full training with reliable rater status
- Massachusetts Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker: 119498
- Maine Licensed Clinical Social Worker: LC20442
- National Provider Identification: 1437406691
Please contact me to learn more or to set up an appointment.