I am a warm, relationally-oriented therapist with years of experience providing psychotherapy to a diverse variety of people. I’m eager to get to know new people who come through my practice and work with you to identify your goals and help you find or build the tools you need to reach them.
Everyone is born with the capacity to thrive and live with authenticity, integrity, and a feeling of wholeness, and everyone deserves to experience this. Though life can come with significant challenges and complexities, we can integrate the emotional burden of these challenges into a more complex and nuanced view of ourselves and the world around us through compassion for, and connection with, self and other.
I am lucky to have the opportunity to join many people on their healing journey, and I hope to have the opportunity again, with you.
I provide a wide variety of therapeutic services; however, I have specialized training in:
- gender transition for transgender and gender non-binary youth, adults, and their families
- trauma recovery
- therapy for very young children (0-6) and their families
- mental health consultation for day care staff
My style is relational and integrative. This means that rather than a “one size fits all” approach, I work with individuals and families to find the therapy model that will best help them achieve their goals. My practice draws from many models of
psychotherapy to fit diverse kinds of people:
- psychodynamic psychotherapy
- cognitive therapy
- cognitive behavioral therapy
- relational therapy
- family systems therapy
If you want to learn more about what some of these terms mean, there is a great resource from the American Psychological Association that describes different theoretical approaches to therapy.
- Smith College School of Social Work: Masters in Social Work, August 2013
- Northeastern University: Bachelor of Arts, December 2008
- Youth Opportunities Upheld, Inc. (Y.O.U., Inc.): a multi-service agency in
Worcester, where I grew from an intern, to an outpatient clinician, to the Director of Early Childhood Services. Additionally, I co-founded and co-chaired the agency’s first Gender Affirming Care Committee.
- The Italian Home for Children: a multi-service agency in Boston, where I provided Community-Based Acute Treatment for children ages 4-12 who were experiencing mental health crises, and their families.
Continuing Education & Trainings:
- Child-Parent Psychotherapy: full training with clinical consultation
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: full training with clinical consultation
- Attachment, Regulation, and Competency: full training
- WPATH (World Professional Association for Transgender Health): Foundations course
- Pyramid Model for Supporting Social Emotional Competence: Foundations and Top of the Pyramid courses
- Teaching Pyramid Observation Tool (TPOT): full training with reliable rater status
- Massachusetts Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker: 119498
- National Provider Identification: 1437406691
Please contact me to learn more or to set up an appointment.